Bit Camps are offline meetups organised by you or your network for Global Change Lab users to meet, interact, and share beyond your online contribution and learnings. To start a Bit Camp is easy. All you need is an interest to be together with others who love activism, learning new skills and having fun for a couple of hours.
Why start a Bit Camp?
- It provides an opportunity to meet and share experiences around taking training bits.
- Together learning is more fun and enhances the impact. It is an open forum for everyone, from individuals who are interested in improving or learning new skills in activism to organizations that are looking forward to train their employees within activism.
- Global Change Lab connects you and your network to other global change makers from all over the world. Bit Camps is your own space to localize your actions and inspirations with users around you.
How to start a Bit Camp?
- Find a venue with access to internet (wifi, cable or mobile)
- Invite people and remind them to bring their computers, tablets or smartphones fully charged
- Have a couple of paper sheet or notebooks to brainstorm and collaborate with Bit Camp participants
- If you don’t have any of the above, feel free to partner with your Global Platform, computer lab or community library. They usually have all the above:-)
Get a more comprehensive guide with facilitation tips and tricks.